Sep 17, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Italy Last Leg

Whats ironical about the place in each part of Europe is that one wants to visit them again and again. one does not get satisfied just by seeing and visiting it only once. your inner voice always says that i want to come back and see it one more time. Just once. Well I am no exception and felt it that way also. So after reaching station for getting my battery recharged, again one more thing I didn't thought over before setting out for Italy. It has become for me not to plan anything
and just go with the mood. And rest all of them were getting there next destination. I then returned to Colosseum to again have a look at it and you say that to Roma around the streets of Rome. My take is that one gets a very acquaintance of a city and only way when he sets out in the streets and see for themselves how the common people survive, live life, enjoy and have fun with their families. Luckily where ever I went I got a chance to look at it, the inside story you can say. One thing I noticed is that Indians there have a very state regarding money, same with Bangladeshis, Sri-Lankans. All the people there are either selling goggles or any other job and all the European people hold the better posts with better money and all. I don't know the reason but it is true.
Well I as usual had the map and went out towards Colosseum. I decided to do it by walk having no idea that how far it is actually from the railway station but like I said it was all Just Like that. Well in like about an hour I reached the Colosseum, having less time left in my clock I decided to take the metro for the return journey to the station. Meanwhile I bought a pair of goggle just for 2euros, saw a church and waling on the streets. You can imagine how much I was tired after two days of long roaming and a very little sleep. I was literally amazed to see that the same city Rome was a Lot different in the evening time than it was in the day time. And certainly a lot different from other parts of Europe. People here don't like to party much, far less bars and restaurants. Just visitors and those too in some kind of hurry.
Well after seeing Colosseum once again and this time it was more subtle and calm. Party going on nearby and cool breeze blowing. All very soothing and in that moment. No worries and music playing. Vendors selling some food items and others some remembrance for the Colosseum.
Well I took the metro and reached Roma termini. I began searching for the station and to my horror the train was not listed in the board. I thought that it might come after some time as it was still 1.5 hrs left. But as the time passed by it still didn't show up in the display and that put me back again in that horror state. I searched for my tickets and glanced it, this time with more attention and I found out that the train departs from another railway station. I quickly went to buy the metro ticket and searched for the station and all. Now I have made the habit of catching the trains and trams and metros in that period with quick foot. You must have got it to do all just like that I had to. I caught the train luckily. When the TT came to check my ticket then I shouted O Shit! Well I didn't loose my tickets and documents but I only then realized that I have lost my jacket having 20 euros in that. But the tickets were there and I was heading back to Graz.

No comments: