Sep 13, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Colosseum

Euro Night is a very nice train for long journeys, well not of course better than OBB (Austrian Trains) but you can spend a lovely time in that. I really wished that once I sat in TGV.
I was dejected by my tragic loss of 60euros for the can I took, in morning I was about to go to the loo and I saw Praveen, Suraj and Sougat (I didn't knew both of them, at that time...now very good friends) had a formal contact with Praveen. You cannot imagine how it feels when you see an Indian outside India. Well we hit it off pretty fast and found each others company very good. To start with we all collected maps and just after coming outside we hired a tours and travels for a open bus to take us the tour of Roma. Each of the ticket costing 20 euros, well totally worth it.
We started with the marvel structure of all times. The place where kings used to make their slaves fight with vicious animals in an open ground. You must have seen Gladiator, Russel Crow. Yes I am talking about Colosseum. I have only seen it in pictures and never imagined to see that thing in my whole life, but here I was in front of it, admiring its broken walls and the corridors where those fighters used to prepare themselves for their battle against the ferocious animals of all kinds. Colosseum do resemble the spirit of survival and to take revenge of what bad has happened to you. It symbolizes the desire for destiny, for salvation. Beside Colosseum there are roman ruins of the wars. Broken buildings but not broken thoughts. Broken bricks but not broken desires. Broken hearts but not broken soul.
I revisited Colosseum at night and it was a real taste of what people called as Roma. Music playing. Lots of visitors traveling across admiring the beauty. Lights from every window of Colosseum. Nice weather amazing attitude of surrounding. Feels like Rome at that point of time. I wish to be there and sit for hours just watch and feel. You forget all your worries and a new wave of energy surrounds you. All the tiredness is gone 'Just Like That'.

No comments: