Sep 26, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Venice Rialto Bridge


                          Now after getting out of the palace I couldn't control my hunger so I sat down on a staircase and ate my 'khakhras' with 'namkeen'. Generally I wouldn't prefer such kind of food in lunch but at that time anything would work and it did. I again sat out for my voyage and landed up at one of the famous places where the song 'khuda jane' from the movie 'Bachna e haseenon' was shot Rialto Bridge. It was crowded and at first one cannot recognize that this is the same bridge but it is. People were all round there and beside that bridge lays one of the most beautiful market places in Venice and the specialty of Venice is its Masks which they wear on some carnival or something. Well it was all beautiful and lively I couldn't resist myself singing the tunes of 'ye sama..sama hai yai suhana suhana' by none other then KishoreDa and 'gata rahe mera dil..' again by the legend himself and many others. Markets were flooded with fancy clothing like 'I LOVE VENICE' t shirts and many other funky crazy clothing.
                                      My eyes sat on a shop which displayed only hand made works of wood and Pinocchio was their main attraction and children were going crazy to see him long nose skinny yet so funny. I came to church as usual but didn't stayed long as I had to catch the train to Milan my third and last destination for Italy. I sat down at the bank of a very small canal and again had some refreshments and this time I was accompanied by white, yellow, whitish-yellow, brown all kinds of birds eating their food :) and also by a couple but this time I was in no mood to talk to anybody, I think I was well sunked into the ambiance of the place after walking for like 2 hours continuously I needed this break and what is the better place than a bank of water body. Now the rain was completely off and a bright sun was glooming on my head not that like in India specially in Rajasthan and that too in Jodhpur where sun has some kind of special pact with the place to shine with all its strength no matter people like it or not. I then decided not to roam around on my legs rather give Venice Transportation a chance to make me do the same and I just traveled hearing now to Hindi songs from my creative i-pod and sitting on the edge of the boat from one station to another watching people boarding and leaving. I than came to Venezia Santa Lucia and then took a local train to venizia Mestre and I was this time early than to my scheduled departure and to my rescue there was a McDonald right there in front of me so I took a LONG coke and sat down and this time I was accompanied by a guy whose name I don't remember but I do remember that he didn't liked that place he was working there as a marketing manager for some mobile company. Well I then sat on my train to Milan.

No comments: