Sep 18, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Venice Palace


The first thing when I entered the palace was WOW..Its HUGE!
where am I really. Is it for real...No it can't be. I immediately started clicking from my NIKON 10X optical zoom 6 mega pixel camera. I can't let thing this go without being captured in. I was really amazed to see such a big palace. I told to myself that well it was all worth taking all the pain to reach here...all those hundreds of mails and staring eyes and researches for topics and professors, departments, universities..all the pain that I took to make tickets and planning my "Euro-Trip". I without any doubt was more and more curious to know what is the history of it and who were the people who lived here. To my rescue came an European guy, well I will come to that later, but the funniest thing happen to me. Not knowing the way and places of the palace, no map I straightly went pass to the exit gate and found myself outside from the other side where a lot of people were standing in a long queue and I thought may be that is the main entrance but then i figured out that I had come outside the palace so I ran to the main entrance again and convinced the lady in charge that I made a mistake so please let me in again. It was my good luck that she allowed me to enter and then I went to the first floor seeing the glorious and the most beautiful dining hall I have ever seen in my life. Chandeliers hanging from the rooftops. Crystal shaped glasses neatly placed on the tables. Huge painting covering every bit of the walls. Beautifully colored and preserved for a very long time. I then began to enter to the numbered halls from 1 to 30 and each one had its own history written at the entrance of each hall, photography was not allowed and each having a all together a different setup and aura. Some were having paintings depicting the history of how the Jesus was killed and the era before that that how happy were all the people to find God to their rescue. People started believing him some sort of incarnation of GOD and some people just thought of him as a rescuer some scolded him another some treated him as king, but whatever he was he came as a helping hand to the common people. How he transformed the lives of many.
The pictures were depicting how the people were again ill treated and how they cope up with that. Mythology along with wars was so beautifully carved that one cannot imagine. In India Mythology is always been treated more or less similar to secularism and communal ism but in European countries it was all but different and nothing was mixed up and people knew where to draw boundaries that is why there are a lot less differences in there. Well coming back to this palace I was really amazed to see that big globe and maps and people all around he palace old young couples Americans Europeans Indians, though far less than I expected everybody was happy to be there. I was still raining outside, now heavily, I was not surprised to see that because in Europe you can see all the four seasons in one day.
Now I met this India who was working for Whirlpool in Venice only and he was with a European guy which knew a lot about the stuff so I hanged around them and he said that pointing to one of steel structures this was forced by the kings to the ladies to wear so that they cannot have sex with other men and they used to have the key. How pity that was, well what we can do.
Their were armours and long swords which the warriors used in the wartime. It was all very awe-spiring. That time they didn't have the machine guns and modern artillery that we all know about form the movies, so they somehow managed to device to shoot the explosives to a very large distances with a very large speed. They used to write in Roman numbers. The caves like cells where the kings used to keep the prisoners from the wars. That was really scary. There was a well also from where the prisoners were allowed to take water but now that was sealed for safety purposes.
The tour of the palace came to end with the music playing outside and I couldn't asked for the better ending for that remembrance that encounter to the history to such an amazing place.

No comments: