Sep 17, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Venice


Well I reached Venice in the morning, Venezia mestre. Well I took a ticket for a euro to reach Venezia Sanata Lucia. Came out of the station and as usual inquired for the map and guidelines. This time it costed me 4.5 euros for the map and it always hurts when you find out some sudden expenses come into your way.
Well as I looked outside the station all the worries were gone it was raining just as I wanted it to be. Lots of people here and there and boats were there. First thing I said was WOW!I am here finally in the city which has houses and churches and buildings floating on the water. The Floating City as I call it. The fist thing that went to was the famous place from the Oscar winning movie "The Sound of Music" the basilica from that movie. It was huge and it is always good to see the place that u have seen in the movies:)
I was really amazed to see the place and was just thinking how it is all working. I crossed the bridge and went to other side of it and was just admiring the ambiance of each passing moment. All different kinds of boats. Gondolas(mostly being opted out by couples), Motor Boats, Big Boats, Large Cruises, Small Cruises, Ships, what they call it as prince of Venice, Taxis as boats. Parking spots for boats. All new to see to feel. There were some buses also but who is gonna look for them when the place have given me,for a water lover, boats to travel.
I already took the day pass from which I can now travel in any damn boat except of course gondolas from anywhere to anywhere. So I asked a guy how to use the card and I sat on a large boat and sat on a tour of 'Venice'. At first I was really amazed and had no clue where I was headed to, but after some time I realized that I am traveling on the boundaries of it. I went to the roof of the boat and started my new habit of clicking each ad every site that I liked...enjoying the rain and ups and downs of the boat..those strong currents of water..sometimes still water...some strong splashes. The weather and the place was much more endeavoring.
Finally I arrived at the same place where I left off...zero displacement but much more to remember this time. I went to a show gallery where these obscure videos were playing of some artists whose name I can never remember. Some new technologies at display. I like the building more than the movies. It had a small playground and like 70's-80's. Clean. White. Very sophisticated though. and since it was raining now a bit strongly so it was the best option for me to be there.

No comments: