Nov 25, 2009

Euro Trip - Part 1 Vienna

                        That was the end of my Italy trip but now at the weekend I was in mood to go to Paris but couldn't get holidays from the university so I decided to go to Vienna or a day only. I made a new , friend Praveen who was doing his internship at TU-Vienna so I decided to leave on Friday and then reach out his apartment take rest for the night. But when I reached his apartment he was ready with the amazing food. Not a bit of arrogance of being an iitian responsible and yet at the same time complete fun. We then saw the most famous movie that the youth of all the states have watched it at least 10 times, Dil Chahta Hai. It was amazing to see it again. We then set down to chat for a while and approximately at 4 a.m. we finally slept. I woke up at 11 a.m. Man it was a good sleep.
                    It was a good morning and we then got ready to rock the city. We first started with the Ring and saw TU-Vienna. Yeah I forgot to mention the amazing balcony breakfast prepared by Praveen, refreshing and the most waited thing for me 'laddu' and that too of 'desi ghee'. Well first we went to see the Belevedre palace and it was scorching heat but between our songs and jokes it was all very smooth. We roamed till 3p.m. and then get out of there to eat something and ate Indian food at a very cheap restaurant in just 3 euros. Then we went to see Schonbrunn Palace. It was marvelous. We also saw then Hofberg Imperial Palace. Horses were everywhere and along with them they brought the pungent smell of their shit, unlikely to most of people including me. Opera house, Secession building were also some of things in between. But again the time didn't permit us to roam around more and we then returned to Praveen's apartment and just had two laddus and then started the run of a lifetime. It was again something to remember for whole of lifetime. I ran for my life. It was my last day of my pass otherwise I would have to suffer a loss of 30 euros. We both took a tram and were ready to shoot to the station as soon as the gate opens up. I ran out and on the way crashed a lot of times shouting sorry a lot of time. It was only 3 minutes left to my fate and I was ready to take up the challenge with the time. I reached the entrance of the station and only two minutes were left and to my bad luck the train was from three platforms away from the gate. I had to cross the tunnel then a bridge. It was a race against time and I was completely ready to take it on. Now shouting at my full pace. My legs gave away the hope but my heart was still holding in that world of chase. I then finally reached to the platform and people who say that Austrians trains never got late, well they now should check the possibilities in which it could. And one of them is that when the driver faces two young guys hoffing poffing shouting to stop the train. Well it should be written somewhere that I was meant to be on that train and finally I was and much of the credit goes to Mr. Praveen, who was constantly saying that he will not let me miss the train. Well it was a prophecy from him and I finally reached the goal. To my end I found an empty apartment and set there for an hour to catch my breath. A couple with there two children, cute little boy and a girl entered and I had a chat with them for the whole journey, this tie the discussion went far and we discussed many things about cultural differences and future possibilities. The guy was an engineer too so one can say that the world is small. To move on this was my journey to Vienna, one of the most adventurous and memorable.

No comments: